Sunday, September 4, 2011

Arrival



I arrived at Beijing airport on Wednesday evening at about 7:30. On my way to the gate I was excited because I made it all the way with no major hitches. That was until I did not see anyone waiting for me at the gate. After searching the area, emailing everyone I knew, and throwing up in the bathroom, I found a comfortable seat I could find and got comfortable. I did manage to get about two hours of sleep. The airport did its best to keep me from finding any rest. One efficient Chinese man drove his huge floor waxing zamboni machine past me every 5 minutes. My seat was near a neat Chinese decoration (shown below). At about 2 am, two ladies began to clean the structure by dipping their rags into a bucket of water and slapping every square in of the wall-thing. If I was in a good mood the sound might have sounded like a cool drum beat; in my state, however, it sounded like a busy firing-range until about 4am. I finally got in contact with someone at the school and was picked up at about 8am.

No comments:

Post a Comment