Sunday, September 4, 2011

Breakfast

One major problem that I've had while here is the breakfasts. While you can get fruit for breakfast, most parts of a Chinese breakfasts (as with most dinners) seem to be fried in oil. This kind of food really hits your stomach hard and isn't my favorite way to start the day. So on Sunday I went on a long hunt for some milk and cereal. The milk was the hardest to find. It's not refrigerated at the store and doesn't come in a solid container. I finally found it warm and bagged (I almost made a huge mistake at this point and didn't recognize the character for alcohol (jiu) on some of the bags, I guess some of them were fermented milk). Anyhow, my labor finally paid off and I got to sit down to a good (albeit strange) tasting bowl of cornflakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment